23 Ocak 2016 Cumartesi

REFLECTION TASK 2A

     I would like to write about connection between technology and society. I think that it is really important issue in our day. Technology has many effects on the society. These effects are both negative and positive. First of all, the impact of technology on our social, mental, physical health is so devastating if we cannot control ourselves. For example, we isolate ourselves from social life. We do not interact with other people and our friends. Moreover, we meet new people via social media such as facebook, twitter and instagram. We meet with our friends face to face much less frequency. Thus, we cannot understand the feelings of the people exactly. Secondly, it affects our physical health negatively. To illustrate, if we constantly sit in front of the computer, our neck starts to pain. Additionally, the eyestrain can cause headaches, blurred vision and migraine. I do not think the problem is only about computers, it is also about other technological devices. For instance, people who listen to music highly with ear buds can have disability with the hearing. Thirdly, it influences our mental health. We always face with problems that are related to our mental nowadays because of the technological devices. To exemplify, people who spend a long time with these devices especially mobile phones and computers can have poor sleep habits, for they do not sleep enough at night. Thus, they are too stressful, sleepy and careless to environment and people around them. They expose to too much radiation. Although there are too many disadvantages of technology, there are also some advantages. Firstly, people can reach information more easily. They can search something that they cannot find at libraries. Secondly, I want to give an example from in my department. When I become an English teacher, I can use the technology in my lessons positively. For example, I can prepare vocabulary games for my students, so they learn by having fun and do not forget easily. All in all, I chose this important issue to tell because I and the whole world face with these problems every day. I want to inform people about the problems of the today and future.



1 yorum:

  1. Hi Şevval :)
    I liked your paragraph and your ideas. I definitely agree you about the idea that we isolate ourselves from social life because of technology. And you are very right about those headache problems. About the language, you have a good structure and I think your choices in using vocubularies are pretty good. Thanks for sharing this paragraph with us.
    Take care of you, KİSSESSS ;)

    YanıtlaSil